Join me in learning how to make Skinless Longganisa. Longganisa is a Filipino word which means Sausage. This dish is one of my faves for breakfast, especially with fried rice and eggs. I made a minor change with the recipe because I had limited ingredients at the time I made it. The savory and sweetness of this recipe is spot on. I cut down the amount of sugar to make it less sweet but this is just optional. Adjust the sugar amount to your liking.
If you enjoyed making this dish check out my page on how to make Filipino Lumpia.
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 7 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a bowl, add 1/2 LB ground pork, 1/2 LB ground chicken. Add garlic, 7 TBSP of sugar, 1 TBSP paprika, 1 TBSP of salt, and 1 TBSP of canola oil. Mix the ingredients well. Use hand or stand mixer if available. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge after 2 hours. You will need parchment or wax paper and a card to mold the sausage.
- To make the sausage, put a sheet of paper on a flat surface. Scoop 3 TBSP of mixture put it over the sheet of paper. Fold and firmly hold the edge together. Push the mixture using the card until a sausage shape is formed. Firmly roll the sausage and put it in a container. Repeat the process until the entire mixture is consumed.
- To make unwrapped sausage, use medium-size parchment or wax paper. Scoop 3 TBSP of mixture put it over the sheet of paper. Fold and firmly hold the edge together. Then push the mixture using the card until a sausage shape is formed. Press and hold both ends firmly. Gently push the sausage to roll in the container. Repeat the steps until the entire batch is consumed.
- Insert a piece of paper in between the sausage to prevent it from sticking to each other. Refrigerate overnight. Freeze some for up to one month for future use.
- To cook, simmer 5-8 TBSP of water in a frying pan over low heat.
- Add and cook the sausage for 2 minutes. Flip it over and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Continue to cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from pan when all sides are browned.
- Serve with warm rice and enjoy!